We’re Environmentally-Friendly Lizards
The printing industry is a big user of electricity. Most printers devour power to run their massive presses. In addition, they use petroleum resources for their inks. The petroleum inks traditionally used in flexographic label printing contain volatile organic compounds (VOCs), which are toxins that can cause cancer and birth defects. These VOCs vaporize under normal conditions, meaning they are emitted as the ink dries on printed-paper and can these compounds can leach into the soil.
We want to improve the situation in our own small gecko-ish way. We have looked for eco-printing approaches to reduce our impact on the earth in order to be as friendly to the environment as possible.
- Digital label printing doesn’t require films, plates, or chemicals that standard presses need. Our eco-printing presses use water-based inks and generate little to no paper waste that other companies produce with the multiple test runs required on traditional presses.
- Leapin’ Lizard Labels uses wind-generated electricity and our goal is to be 100% solar powered to reduce our impact on the environment. Right now our label printing equipment, our lights, and even our coffee maker are powered by the wind.
- We use water-based inks in our digital label printing process to create an eco-friendly label-printing environment without chemicals or solvents.
- With our digital label printing process we can virtually eliminate the prepress process; that means no plates or films, and no waste from test runs.
- We use an electronic proofing process to save paper and reduce what goes to the waste stream.
- We even drive a Prius! And we bike to meet with local clients or come into work.
- We are thrilled to use recycled label printing stock to help you provide earth friendly labels and stickers. Recycled label printing paper made from post-consumer waste produces less refuse and reduces the impact on the environment.
- We are silver members of the Fort Collins Climate Wise program.
Eco-Friendly Label & Sticker Printing
When it comes right down to it, we’re just trying to do our part. No preaching or rants, just some smart changes and a deep commitment to do what’s right for Mother Nature.
We like to be able to help businesses like yours succeed through quality label printing while taking it easy on the environment. We’d be happy to talk with you about our efforts!